Electric Griddles, Ranges, Fryers Checklist
Here is a helpful checklist to assist you in making a hassle-free purchase.
- Make sure that the unit will fit through all doors and hallways. Don’t forget to confirm elevator capacity if an elevator is needed to move the unit to higher floors.
- Confirm that you have enough room to accommodate the new unit INCLUDING its clearance requirements. Consult the specification sheet or product listing for information.
- Verify that your facility has the necessary voltage and phase requirements to safely operate the unit.
- Check local fire codes on whether or not a ventilation hood with fire suppression system will be required. Anything that produces grease-laden air or excessive vapor will require ventilation.
- If the unit will share your existing ventilation hood with another piece of equipment, confirm that the hood will be able to accommodate the new unit by measuring the width of the hood. For reference, your hood should be able to move 100 CFM of air for every 12" of the equipment width. It is preferable that the hood overlaps your equipment by 12" all around.
Remember: Open the package when it arrives and inspect for damage. Never sign for a shipment that looks like it was damaged either inside or outside of the packaging. If damaged, take photos that show the damage. Refuse shipment if damage is not something you are willing to accept.
Have any other questions or concerns? Please contact our sales consultants and we will be more than happy to assist you!