Gas Oven Checklist
Here is a helpful checklist to assist you in making a hassle-free purchase.
- Confirm that the unit will fit through all doors and hallways. Confirm elevator capacity if an elevator is needed to move the unit to higher floors.
- Ensure that the available space can accommodate the new unit INCLUDING its clearance requirements. Consult the specification sheet or product listing for information.
- Make sure that you select the proper gas configuration (natural vs liquid propane) and that it is supported in your facility. Some units with electric ignition as well as lighting, clocks, and timer will likely require electric power too. Check the specification sheet and product page for information.
- Anything that produces grease-laden air or excessive vapor will require ventilation. Make sure to check with your locality and follow all necessary codes.
- To conform with local fire codes and protect the unit and your kitchen, a fire suppression system is also required. Be sure to review and adhere to the requirements and codes in your area.
- If the unit will share your existing ventilation hood with another piece of equipment, confirm that the hood will be able to accommodate the new unit by measuring the width of the hood. For reference, your hood should be able to move 100 CFM of air for every 12" of the equipment width. It is preferable that the hood overlaps your equipment by 12" all around.
- To conform with local fire codes and protect the unit and your kitchen, a fire suppression system is required. Be sure to review and adhere to the requirements and codes in your area.
Remember: To avoid inconvenience, open the package when it arrives and inspect for damage. Never sign for a shipment that looks like it was damaged either inside or outside of the packaging. If damaged, take photos that show the damage. Refuse shipment if damage is not something you are willing to accept.
Have any other questions or concerns? Please contact our sales consultants and we will be more than happy to assist you!