Wells WVU-48 Universal Ventless Hood
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information.
Download Adobe Acrobat software
- Available in 208/240V, 1Ø
- Very quiet with only 68 dBA average
- Fits through a 36” wide door opening
- Completely self-contained fire protection system
- Completely self-contained, 4-stage filtration system
- Limited two-year parts and one year labor warranty
- 6” to 8” adjustable legs (adjustable by 2” for leveling)
- Illuminated early-warning system to monitor filter replacement
- Stainless steel construction for strength, durability and ease of cleaning
- Universal systems are movable making them ideal for leased properties
- Airfl ow sensors continually monitor airflow for optimizing performance and grease removal
- Interlock system will disable cooking appliances if filters are missing, clogged or in the event of a fire
- Three LED lights producing 495 lumens each for improved visibility - light color temperature (cool white): 6000K
- Completely self-contained filtration process reduces emissions below that allowed in NFPA 96 and ANSI UL710B using the EPA 202 test method
- HEPA / carbon-charcoal filter packs
- Round exhaust duct adapter for remote exhaust flue
- 10” to 12” adjustable legs (adjustable by 2” for leveling)
- Wells Universal hoods are Certifi ed Type-1 compliant, UL710B approved recirculation hood systems and feature completely self-contained air filtration and fire-suppression systems. They do not require venting outside making it possible to cook in nontraditional locations or when traditional Type-1 hoods and ductwork are impractical, restricted or too expensive. Operators can mix and match various electric cooking equipment under the hood such as fryers, ovens, griddles, steamers and more - providing greater flexibility and through-put.
- Exhaust and Air Flow – Exhaust air may be horizontal or vertical. Hoods are shipped for horizontal discharge and are field convertible for vertical discharge. Typical airflow is 1,500 CFM. A minimum of 800 cubic feet of fresh air per minute is recommended both in and out of the cooking area to ensure the dilution of cooking aromas.
- Fire Protection – Completely self-contained ANSUL® R-102 system includes ANSUL® tank, nitrogen cartridge, ANSUL® sopanifier, piping, heat sensors, ANSUL® drops, nozzles, and movable manual pull station. Manual pull can be relocated to the egress position or an additional station can be added by an authorized ANSUL® representative. Front access for easy fire system maintenance. Fire protection system meets NFPA 96 Chapter 13. Fire protection system must be charged and certified by ANSUL® Authorized distributor after installation and before first use (operator’s responsibility).
- Filtration – Completely self-contained filtration process reduces emissions below that allowed in NFPA 96 and ANSI UL710B using the EPA 202 test method and includes stainless steel grease baffle filter with grease cup, fiberglass pre-filters, HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter/ carbon-charcoal filter pack. All filters are easily removable without tools. Air flow sensors continually monitor air flow optimizing performance and grease removal while an interlock system will not allow cooking appliances to function if filters are missing, clogged or in the event of a fire.
- Cooking Appliances – Only electrically heated appliances are acceptable for installation. Cooking equipment is optional from Wells or other manufacturers. Appliances must be installed as per manufacturers instructions and controlled thru the hood equipment shut-off interface through a customer supplied contractor which will disable cooking equipment in the event of fire or hood malfunction. For size, temperature and KW limits see back page or manual.
If you've used this product, share your summary, photo and video of it. Earn up to $16 per product.
Write a text review — earn $2, post a product photo — earn $4, post a product video — earn $10