Vulcan 948RX 48'' Countertop Gas Griddle with Thermostatic Controls - 108,000 BTU
Vulcan 948RX Specifications
|Plate Thickness||1 Inch|
|Total BTU||105000 - 156000|
|Power Type||Natural Gas|
|Cooking Surface Material||Polished Steel|
|Construction||Stainless and Aluminized Steel|
|Griddle Plate Finish||Smooth Steel|
|Energy_Efficiency||Best in Class|
|Number of Burners||4|
|Exterior Finish||Stainless Steel Front & Sides|
|Category||Griddle, Counter Unit, Gas|
Additional Information on Vulcan 948RX
A PDF viewer is required to view this product's information.
Download Adobe Acrobat software
Vulcan 948RX Certifications
This mark is your assurance that the product has been tested by one of the most respected independent certification organizations in existence today.
Vulcan 948RX Description
For busy commercial kitchens that need a heavy-duty gas-heated countertop griddle, there are few better options than the 948RX Heavy Duty Gas Griddle from Vulcan. This 48” wide griddle offers users accurate control over the cooking surface with thermostatic controls. With a 1” thick polished steel griddle plate this griddle has plenty of thermal mass to keep the cooking surface at the ideal temperature while allowing the heat from the U-shaped burners to be applied evenly without hot or cold spots.
To precisely control temperature, this griddle has four control knobs that can be adjusted from 200°F to 550°F to provide the temperature you need where you need it. With four 27,000 BTU/hr U-shaped burners spaced 12” apart heat is applied to the griddle plate evenly. A pilot safety valve for every two burners keeps the kitchen safe and the burners feature manual and electronic ignition.
The chassis is made from fully welded aluminized steel and the exterior front, sides, and front top ledge are made from durable stainless steel for easy cleaning. Grease storage is provided by a large 6 qt. stainless steel drawer that holds excess grease and debris from the cooking surface for disposal when it’s convenient to do so. A 3-½” wide stainless steel grease trough is wide enough to accommodate spatulas.
The cooking height of this griddle comes in at 11" and it is mounted on adjustable 4” legs to easily keep it level on the counter.
In total the required gas input of this unit is 108,000 BTU/hr and features a ¾” rear gas connection. A NEMA 5-15 plug is included to supply 120v power to the electric ignition.
- Bottom heat shields
- Dual (manual/electric) ignition.
- Manual shut-off valve for gas inlet.
- One year limited parts and labor warranty.
- Heavy duty chromed thermostat knob guards.
- 11" low profile cooking height on 4" adjustable legs.
- ¾" rear gas connection and gas pressure regulator.
- Fully welded stainless and aluminized steel chassis frame.
- 120V 50/60Hz 1 Amp single phase with NEMA 5-15 USA plug.
- Stainless steel front, sides and front top ledge with “Cool Bullnose” design.
- Large 6 quart stainless steel grease drawer (2 drawers on 60" and 72" models).
- One 27,000 BTU/hr. “U” shaped aluminized steel burner for every 12" of griddle width.
- One embedded snap action thermostat per burner with temperature adjust from 200°F to 550°F.
- 1" thick polished steel griddle plate with 12 gage, 4" stainless steel back and tapered side splashes.
- Spatula wide 3½" grease gutter and chute is fully welded for easier cleaning and to stop grease migration.
- One pilot safety valve for every two burners. Safety will completely shut off gas to pilot and burners if pilot extinguishes.
- 30" deep plate.
- Full or partially grooved griddle plate.
- Hexavalent chrome plated cooking surface.
- Stainless steel stand with marine edges and casters.
- Cutting board, condiment rail, plate rail and banking strip accessories.
Low profile heavy duty gas griddle. Stainless steel front, sides and front top ledge. Fully welded stainless and aluminized steel body frame. 11" low profile cooking height on 4" legs. 1" thick polished steel griddle plate with 12 gage, 4" stainless steel back and tapered side splashes. Grease chute is fully welded to stop grease migration. One 27,000 BTU/hr. “U” shaped aluminized steel burner and mechanical snap action thermostat for each 12" of griddle width. Chrome thermostat knob guards. Temperature adjusts from 200° to 550° F. One pilot safety for every two burners. Manual shut-off valve. 3 ½" wide stainless steel grease trough. 120V 50/60Hz 1 Amp single phase electric ignition circuit. Plug type is NEMA 5-15 USA. ¾" rear gas connection and gas pressure regulator. CSA design certified. NSF listed.
Vulcan 948RX Accessories
Vulcan 948RX Parts
All Vulcan 948RX Parts
Vulcan 948RX Reviews
There are no reviews yet for this product.