Hot in a Hurry: The Best Quality High-Speed Ovens, Microwaves, And Grills For Your Food Business
Successful foodservice establishments need professional-grade kitchen equipment. Commercial food businesses need equipment that can deliver consistent taste, quick turnaround times, and durability.
With high-quality commercial ovens, you can cook, heat, and reheat food items during the winter months. Most profitable restaurant owners are opting for commercial grills and high-speed ovens in 2022.
What are Speed Ovens?
High-speed ovens are essential for commercial food service establishments. Speed ovens are also called rapid cook ovens. Speed ovens are mostly compact, powerful, and versatile. You can cook food more quickly than traditional convection ovens with these ovens. Speed ovens are ideal for restaurants, quick-service restaurants, cafes, and institutions. These ovens can perfectly cook food without affecting the texture and taste.
Essential Things To Look For in Speed Ovens
There are various speed ovens available in the market; choose the best speed oven for your restaurant depending on your needs. Here is a list of features that you need to look for in a commercial speed oven:
- Power: Power is an essential element for speed ovens. With high-power speed ovens, you can cook foods faster. The power rating of speed ovens can depend on the type of oven you opt for. Choose the ideal speed oven depending on your cooking needs. Most speed ovens come with a power rating of 1 to 3kW.
- Capacity: Compact speed ovens are perfect for small kitchens, food trucks, and food kiosks. With compact speed ovens, you can save on space. Large speed ovens are ideal for large restaurants, pizzerias, high-volume fast food joints, and institutions. High capacity speed ovens need more countertop space; measure your available countertop space before purchasing a speed oven.
- Door Design: You can opt for rapid cook ovens that come equipped with drop-down doors. Drop-down doors allow quick and easy access. Additionally, you can purchase speed ovens with side-opening doors. Some speed ovens are designed specifically for particular dishes. You can opt for specialist pizza ovens that come equipped with wider doors. These specially designed pizza ovens can cook 12” to 14” pizzas in less than 90 seconds.
- Controls: Speed ovens come equipped with advanced features like USB stick compatibility, Wi-Fi, and digital control panels. Your staff can easily cook multiple dishes quickly and consistently with preset recipes and programs. Also, you can use high-quality oven thermometers for better temperature control inside the oven. With advanced thermometers, you can maintain the temperature, taste, and texture of the cooked food.
Speed Ovens Pros and Cons
Speed ovens can reduce the turnaround time for dishes in your high-volume restaurant. You can cook various dishes with these versatile ovens. With speed ovens, you can serve pizzas, meat dishes, and hot subs. Here, we discuss the pros and cons of speed ovens:
- Preheat: Speed ovens can preheat quickly, significantly reducing cooking times.
- Space-savers: Speed ovens are compact and can be placed on countertops. You can opt for a speed oven depending upon the available space in your kitchen.
- Multi-function: Speed ovens are combi-appliances; you can opt for speed ovens that come equipped with both convection and microwave options.
- Faster Cook Times: Speed ovens are 2x to 4x faster than regular ovens.
- Advanced Features: Modern speed ovens come equipped with Wi-Fi, USB compatibility, programmable recipes, and a toaster feature.
- Expensive: These ovens are costlier than regular ovens. The maintenance cost of speed ovens can run into thousands of dollars.
- Smaller Than Regular Ovens: Speed ovens are primarily compact and are smaller than regular ovens.
Need Multiple Speed Ovens: You will need multiple speed ovens for high-volume usage. High-volume restaurants and cafes opt for two or more high-speed ovens.
Commercial commercial grills are highly versatile. Restaurants, cafes, diners, and institutions need high-quality commercial grills. You can prepare hot tortillas, commercial grill steak, and toast bread with commercial grills. You can opt for indoor or outdoor commercial grills depending on your needs. Catering businesses, deck bars, and event organizers prefer outdoor commercial grills.
Gas vs. Electric Grills
The choice of the commercial grill can affect the taste of food. Most commercial food business owners choose between gas or electric commercial grill depending upon their business needs. Here is a comparative analysis of gas vs. electric grills:
Commercial Gas commercial grills: Gas commercial grills are fueled by natural gas or propane. Gas commercial grills need more space than electric commercial grills. They are available in small, medium, and large variants. Some industrial-sized commercial grills are perfect for serving hundreds of patrons. These are ideal for institutions, large catering events, and high-volume restaurants. Gas commercial grills offer better flavor and texture than electric commercial grills. You will need highly durable grill thermometers to maintain the temperature for extended periods for optimal cooking. Gas commercial grills are easy to maintain and clean. You can clean heating plates, grease trays, and grates thoroughly with hot water.
Commercial Electric commercial grills: Electric commercial grills are compact and need limited space. You can opt for a small countertop and standalone commercial grills for your restaurant. With electric commercial grills, you can serve 2 to 6 patrons at a time. With large electric commercial grills, you can serve up to 15 to 20 patrons at a time. Electric commercial grills are not ideal for searing foods because of sudden temperature drops. You can use high-end meat thermometers to maintain meat temperature while grilling. Electric commercial grills are difficult to clean and maintain. Because of its design, the electric heating element cannot be cleaned thoroughly, creating long-term hygiene issues.
Restaurant Microwave Oven
Restaurant microwave ovens are essential for foodservice establishments. Commercial microwave ovens offer quick cook times. With these ovens, you can deliver high-quality dishes consistently. These ovens are perfect for fast food joints, restaurants, cafes, and catering services. These are ideal for both light-duty and heavy-duty cooking needs. You can cook chicken, meat, fish, and veggie dishes with commercial microwave ovens. Most modern commercial microwave ovens come equipped with a host of advanced features like push-button controls, digital display panels, and programmable settings.
The Different Types of Commercial Microwave Ovens
- Light-duty Microwave Ovens: Light-duty commercial microwave ovens are ideal for small cafes, breakfast places, small offices, and concession stands. Light-duty microwave ovens are suitable for reheating desserts, soups, and beverages. Most light-duty models come with a power rating of 1000 watts or less.
- Medium-duty Microwave Ovens: Medium-duty commercial microwave ovens offer superior cooking than light-duty models. These come with a power rating of 1200 to 2000 watts. With these ovens, you can heat sandwiches, soups, sauces, appetizers, prepackaged foods, and baked items. Additionally, you can defrost frozen foods, melt butter, and quickly bake dough-based foods.
- Heavy-duty Microwave Ovens: Most heavy-duty microwave ovens have a power rating of 2000 to 3000 watts. These microwave ovens are durable, quick, and can handle high-volume usage. Heavy-duty models are perfect for commercial kitchens, quick service restaurants, cafes, and catering services. You can steam seafood, heat entrees, melt cheese, and quickly cook food items with heavy-duty commercial microwave ovens.
Commercial speed ovens, microwave ovens, and commercial grills are essential for foodservice establishments. Most ovens and commercial grills are made from high-quality, durable materials. With commercial ovens and commercial grills, you can cook, bake, and commercial grill food faster. Additionally, serve hot entrees, hot soups, hot beverages, grilled steak, pizzas, and delicious desserts with restaurant speed ovens, microwave ovens, and commercial grills.